Okay, so you guys don't know this, because I've never spoken about them, but I'm a huge Mortal Instruments fan. I've read all of their books, loved them, watched the movie, hated it, and reread the books. So, lately I've been obsessing over it slightly more than before because they've been showing the movie on TV, and even though I hate the movie, I've watched it every time it's come on.
So, I've been on Google Translate just fooling around, and I typed in shadow hunter and had it translated to Latin. Shadow hunter, in Latin, is umbra venator. In the Mortal Instruments books, there is no space between the word shadow and hunter. If you put the words umbra and venator together, you get umbravenator. In the middle of it, is the word brave. Shadowhunters are brave.
So, I'm not sure if Cassie Clare did that on purpose, or not, but I think it's cool. Then again, I also think that putting salt on a slug and watching it flail around as it's innards become outwards are cool, so what do I know?
So, now that you know I like murdering slugs, I'm going to leave. Love you even though I don't know you.
No comments:
Post a Comment