Hey, guys, how's it going? I'm good. At a hotel with my girlfriend and my friend Cammi. Also known as Craig. Also known as some other name that I've never taken the time to remember. It's long and has something to do with someone named Fill.
Anyway, today I'm telling you about when I was in 4th grade. It was a weird year. Kinda awkward. It was that one stage that everyone goes through when they think they are everything. You know, about age 12. I don't really remember.
Anyway, when I was in 4th grade, I rode a bus to and from school. I had quite a few friends on the bus. I also had quite a few blank flash cards in my pencil box in my back pack. Like, hundreds.
So, one day, I was bored, and of course I did the thing that everyone does when they are young and have flash cards.
I pretended they were money. I even made them look like money. I looked up pictures of money online and copied them with a pencil. I had ones, fifties, and hundreds.
I put the fake money in the pencil box. I was on the bus the next day, and was waiting for my friend to get on the bus, and thinking that I wish the cards were real money.
My friend got on the bus, and had a pen. It was pretty. It had sparkles and was purple, and was just--OH MY GOD. Have you ever fallen in love with a pen?
Anyway, on the way to school, my friend and I started talking about the cards and what would happen if they were real money. He said something like, "I would buy the world." I said something like, "I'd buy that pen."
Anyway, one thing led to another, and I'd talked the entire back of the bus into using my fake money as currency. Like, real life currency. Every day, I would get on the bus and buy and trade stuff. We'd hold auctions every Wednesday. Everyone brought in stuff to sell.
We called it...
StarBucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment